Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS and Service Light on all the time - Megane 1

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: ABS and Service Light on all the time - Megane 1

Thanks for the replies.

I got a fella with a diagnostic scanner to read the codes and he said there were two codes relating to the left rear abs sensor.

So after being quoted 90 quid for a new sensor from the motor factors, I went to a scrapyard and got a second hand one for 20. Fitted it and took the car for a spin and the abs and service lights went out when I went over about 10mph. Then I drove about a mile up the road and suddenly the lights went on again. I stopped the car and turned on the ignition again and the lights went out and stayed out.
I got the diagnostic fella to read it again (lights were out at this stage) and he said he could still see two codes relating the the left rear sensor (RPM sensor it said). Maybe he was reading the old historical codes?

Anyhow, I've driven about 30 miles since and the lights haven't come on again. It passed the car test so thats good, but the Speedo still isn't working though!

The wheel bearing was replaced on that side but the speedo was working fine even after that...
there is a toothed ring(I checked for cracks) built into the brake drum but I didn't know there was a magnet in the bearing - I fitted the bearing myself and it just looked like a very ordinary bearing...
Currently in boatbuilder's garage:
1999 Megane Coupe 1.4 16v, 2000 Peugeot 306 Estate 1.9d, 1984 VW Transporter 1.6D(resto project)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome