Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - faulty fuel gauge on megane 1.6 coupe

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
faulty fuel gauge on megane 1.6 coupe

Last Friday my daughter was driving along and the fuel low warning light came on, I thiught she was just low on fuel and proceeded to put in 20 of petrol, I took it down the road and after a short time the gauge showed between half and three quarters full. I thought all was ok, but the following day the gauge was showing empty again, so thought I would have a closer look. Having made a tool to unscrew the ring holding the pump/ sender into the fuel tank I checked the resistance as i moved the arm up and down and seemed to be ok. After re inserting pump and sender unit I then decided to have a look at the gauge cluster and, having removed the gauge cluster there was nithing really that I could check, I so had to reassemble without solving the problem. Does anybody know if there is a separate fuel gauge control unit on these models or has anybody else experienced this problem and been able to fix it.

5 Lastest Threads by rowang
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
faulty fuel gauge on megane 1.6 coupe Electronics fluffyduck2004 5 5886 13th May 2007 07:35 PM
new member Welcome to RenaultForums ottoman 4 659 13th May 2007 07:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome