Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV. Problems after flat battery.

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 13th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Prem & NS,

Thanks for that. Especially about the airbag wiring and movement of the front seat. It hasn't come on at all for the last few times of starting so it may have sorted itself for a while. When I get the chance this week I'll have a thorough going over of the interior and maybe see if I can spot any dodgy wires...

Regarding the battery - it seems fine now. My main curiosity is the little warning light/symbol for the self levelling headlamps (a kind of headlamp symbol with an up arrow above it and a down arrow below it). This comes on and stays on when I turn the ignition off. At night you can clearly see it lit up on the dash (right hand side) along with the flashing red leds for the alarm/immobiliser being active.

If I use the 0-3 position headlamp adjustment dial both headlamps seem to move up or down correctly and appear aligned ok (passed mot ok the other week). So I'm not to sure why this is on. Don't know if my car has the pneaumatic rear suspension or not. It's a Nov 2001 Grand Espace Expression Auto (2.0 16v). I'll be popping into my local independent Renault garage tomorrow so will try and get to the bottom of it....

Maybe as prem says I should just ignore this altogether!

Car certainly drives very well and smoothly.

As an aside wonder what I'm likely to get milage wise out of a full tank. I've done about 355 miles and have 2 bars left on the gauge....

Cheers again...Chris
Currently in Chris999's garage:
2001 Renault Grand Espace III 2.0 16V Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome