Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is my Laguna lowered or not?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
They can definitely be lowered. I parked next to one once, and the difference between it and mine was quite noticeable.

Lowering's a purely cosmetic thing, so only you can decide whether or not it's worth the money to achieve the look. Personally, I like to keep my cars as close to stock appearance as possible, so this kind of thing doesn't really appeal.

If I was inclined to do anything with your car, it'd be to go for some bigger alloys to fill the arches a bit better without adjusting the ride height. 15" just look far too puny on the Lag, and I'd say it takes a minimum of 16" for it to look sensible. You might just snap up a set of standard 16" from someone who's decided to go bigger, or you could bit the bullet and buy new 17" or possibly bigger. If you're buying second-hand, then remember that some Lag 1's had 4 stud wheels, while others had 5. Make sure you get the right ones.

I wouldn't even contemplate lowering any car if you ever plan to tow with it. Even if you don't, killer speed bumps will become more of a problem. From a handling point of view, it may make it better or it may make it worse. You won't find out until you give it a try.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome