Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New 54 Scenic Owner with some Questions

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New 54 Scenic Owner with some Questions

Hi All,
Just picked my 54 1.6 Petrol Scenic Dynamique at the weekend, and at the moment it seems to be running well. Still booked it in with renault, as there are some funny rattles and stuff going on. Hopefully all under warrenty!!

So I have a couple of questions regarding the electronics. My version seems to only have the 1 cigarette lighter at the front. I know that on some models there is the option to have 2 in the back where there middle seat draw is. Is this something that is still possible to get fitted? If so does anyone know how much or how easy it is. If not, I was wondering if anyone has been able to add any extra ones anywhere else - possibly the boot. It seems that in a time where I have 5 different gadgets (pda, phone, mp3, gps, kids dvd player) 1 cigarette lighter is just not enough. I do have a 3 way adaptor, but It looks really untidy. I am aware that the extra center console does come with an "accesory point", but I think they are a couple of hundred quid..

Also next question. I am quite impressed with the sound quality of the "tuner list" stereo. I do have an mp3 player (creative zen xtra) that I would love to hook up to it through the tunepoint add on. Could I do this via the USB, and have control of it via the stick? If not Could I hook up a small usb hard drive ( like a lacie 80gig portable) and store my music on that?

I have been quoted about 100 for the tunepoint, but for this price, could I get a new better Head Unit with a built in USB (hopefully around the back to thread through to the glove box), that would also use the stick AND the display?

thanks all

Nick B
  5 Lastest Threads by nickb23
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Just taken my 2nd Hand Scenic to Service.. can't... Wheels & tyres Tiggerz_SRi 5 1451 15th July 2008 10:35 AM
Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault Bodywork DJC013 47 54150 9th October 2007 10:41 AM
Should I get Genuine or ebay Mats? Interiors Mickb 20 6448 14th May 2007 03:09 PM
New 54 Scenic Owner with some Questions Electronics iscom 6 2102 14th May 2007 02:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome