Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well sorry, but I'm one of those that isn't going to praise the Laguna-you did ask for faults after all...
I'll keep ithe list as brief as I can(but there WILL be lots more faults I've forgot or just not cared to mention as they were just 'niggles' but you get to a point when you say enough is enough-The sunroof opening on it's own(YES HONESTLY) in a rainstorm was the final straw...but expect these to die...
1)Gearbox to give up from (every) 60k onwards...800+
2)Balljoints (with attached wisbone) give up EVERY 30k... 250
3)Rear Suspension rubbers from 20k 60-250 (you really need to drop the rear axel suspension)
4)Rear Callipers to seize at handbrake 180
5)Front springs (not heavy duty enough to take the diesel lump) 80 each but advised replace in pairs- about 80k max
6)Alloys..what can I say if they're the 17"silverstone then I think they were made from melted down Baked Bean cans...ANY hole/seam/kerb bigger than 1/2" will put a ding in the rim the size of your fist- 180 each
I WILL stop there but with 125k+ miles on it alot will have been done(some more than once) but the car does NOT get better with age and miles(it AINT a peugot) so expect all of these and MORE
The Laguna still 'looking good' is all you can expectin the end cos it CERTAINLY aint from the construction side!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome