Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this a fuse?

Thread: Is this a fuse?
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by scatz View Post
Donald - Re your circuit tester. Am I supposed to clip the crocodile clip to any bare metal in the car and then poke the tip into the ISO that runs from the car (having turned the ignition on and turned the fan to on).

I have done this and the little light on the tester does not illuminate. Tomorrow I shall test further up the wires at another connection point. I just wanted to be sure that I am using it correctly .

Anyone else (including Donald) - I have found some 27Amp cable (max 12v). Would this be ok to wire to the blower motor directly from the car battery to test if the motor is indeed at fault
Hi Scatz thats great you got it today,Yes the clip part is to go to a good bare metal point but it does have to be a good earthing point, its only a interior 12v bulb thats inside it so check that the bulb has not blowen?? however i did check this before sending it to you the best way to check it is to put the clip on the -negative on the car battery the stick the pointed bit on the +positive of the battery and if it lights up well hay Happy Days or just screw off the black bit where the wire comes out to get to the bulb to do a visual check all the best Donald.

Yes turn on the ignition and then the power to the motor and stick the pointed bit into the hole but do make sure you have a good earth sometime i have to use a little length of wire to make it that bit longer and i normally use the bare steel bit that runs between the door and the door surround that stops it coming off its hinges if you know what i mean
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.

Last edited by Donald; 14th May 2007 at 06:59 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome