Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A possible mottah :)

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: A possible mottah :)

Its rainin hard .. so ill hold on any pics :0 you guys must have seen hundreds of em in UK.
Its hard top..dont think Id by any fabric roofed car that old.
Its onhere somewhere and no I didnt pay the asking price[make]=Audi&filters[model]=TT
guy seemed very the extent that the only close up wheel pic was of the one with the most scuff marks..

Oh..I decided to take out the space saver spare wheel to check for rear ended chassis damage/repairs .Ive never seen anything like it.,rim buckled ,tyre looked like someone had set out to destroy it wire pieces sticking out etc etc .
Guy said heed never had a puncture in 2 years..I belive him..He sure didnt use that thing as a spare ,and it looked like it had been there awhile.

Good news the rear underneath looked pristine, no buckles/water getting in.
Transmission..there is something..rear diff perhaps/cv joint maybe.Pads n discs wont last forever :0 and so on some bits really good.. some not so.
Slight n/s headlamp clouding whether road haze or moisture ingress. Dunno .General bodywork nicks an so on no dents.
ie not in "concours" as they say but generally tidy I suppose for the age n mileage + goes like slippery stuff off a shovel(compared to the 1.5 dci that is, tho the megane feels tighter.
3 times the mileage and 8 more years probably contributes

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome