Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Laguna 2 - engine - Diesel emissions failure

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all. Just an update to my still 'smokey' Laguna.

I have been trying to sort this out for ages and still with no success. The lack of power was sorted, this was the turbo pressure sensor, only 30 quid from renault.

I have put a new EGR valve in. I had to remove the inlet manifold in order to drill the old EGR out as it was jammed in.

Car still smoked, I have since put a new Airmass, Turbo air pressure sensor, I have removed and checked the intercooler, have checked all the intercooler pipes, all ok. Checked wiring from airmass to all sensors, all ok. Camshaft timing has been checked and is aligned up perfectly. I have carried out a compression test and got 30-31 bar on all cylinders.

I have just about tried everything and the car still smokes, I have also put a new cat on it..

The car drives superbly, pulls excellently starts on the button and still it smokes... The smoke is black and not blue, the engine doesn't burn any oil at all and its had a new turbo a few months ago.

The only thing I haven't done are the injectors.. I have to get these reconditioned in order to eliminate them, then pressure regulator or this first, but then I don't know I would have gone through everything..

The only other thing is the ECU ???? could this be overfueling or could this have be remapped in any way????

Would I be able to get one from another car to test or would I need the keys for the ECU also????

I will get there in the end I'm determined to sort it out.. When I see other 1.9dci's on the road, they don't seem to put any smoke out..

If all fails, i'm gonna have to take the head off and take a look, although I have high compression, this proves my rings are ok, but does not give a full condition of the valves???

Currently in merky's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II Tourer 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome