Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We had a Renault Megane T reg 1.6 16v - 48,000 miles completley trouble free!

Our Laguna 1.9dci 120 - almost 3yrs old,40k on the clock - one window regulator replaced under warranty - otherwise no other problems at all.

Our Megane 1.9dci 130 FAP - almost 12mths old,5k on the clock and not a single niggle from it, we had it brand spanking new!

We had a Ford Focus for 2 yrs - faultless.

Most unreliable car we had was a Nissan Primera - never let us down but was a pile of sh!t. Closely followed by a Citroen Picasso.

I know not all cars from the same make are as reliable. My colleage had a Mitsubishi Colt - he had loads of problems.Another colleague swears by Volvo but has loads of issues, but still buys them. I also know Renaults and French cars aren't the most reliable brand and always rate poorly in customer surveys. Although I take them with a pinch of salt as only people with problems tend to take part in them.

Car ownership is a lottery - I know it shouldn't be, we pay enough so we should excpect reliability, especially in this day and age. Unfortunately it's a fact of modern day living that your car will break down or have a fault no matter what model ,make you have at some point in its life. We have been "Lucky" with Renault, next time we may not.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome