Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - immobiliser issue? look here

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Megane imobilizer bypass

I havd had the same problem as yourselfs on my 96 megane coupe, i bought the car on the understanding you could get the key reprogrammed for about 20 quid! i bought it with the bypass code and such so i am able to start and drive the car, but i wont be doing any robberies! lol Any way, i took the key to renault who did all the relevant testing, 7 and a half hours later they said they u go its done, @ s cost of 55 so chuffed as anything i jump in my car ready to make a quick get away, mmmmmm nah! i took the key back in and asked why it wasnt working they said ooo we'll book it in and diognose the problem......then the guy added its gonna cost 75 per hour and it'll take around 4 hrs!!!! thats more than the cars worth....Now the point im trying to make is....does anyone know a bypass method so i can start the car with the key and not the flamin code? i am assuming its the sensor inside the car, the one in the sunroof switch panel as one day in terential rain i noticed drips coming from there! pls help!
Currently in megane17""'s garage:
megane coupe 1.6 8v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome