Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this a fuse?

Thread: Is this a fuse?
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Hi madnoel - I have checked the fuse box as you suggested and there is power going to the fuse. Thought this would be the case as the cars manual states that the fuse is also used for the radio and cigar lighter also, which work fine.

Is there a relay between the fuse box and blower motor, if so where is it? I understand there are relays below and behind the passenger compartment fuse box, is this correct, could it be there?

I'm obviously of the understanding now that the problem lies somewhere between the blower motor and fuse box or so it would suggest. Is there anyone with electrical knowledge that knows what happens between these two points?

I did try to follow the power wire (the thin red one) behind the dash but became a croper not very far along (centre of the dash) and, therefore, have no knowledge of where it goes next. The Haynes manual I have is of little or no use as it appears to be dealing with the Mk1 Ph1 Lags and not the facelift Ph2 and there doesn't appear to be a Haynes for Ph2 either. This is also apparent in the manual that came with the car.

It is not an option for me to take the car to the stealers or any garage for that matter due to my current financial circumstances, in that I have none

At least 'we' have now narrowed it down, or at least I hope we have. Just need that little bit more info/help.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome