Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Short range Central locking

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Laugh ye not Truckbus - I have actually been a victim. During the troubles over here in Northern Ireland it was quite common for miltary helicopters to carry scanners and transmitters for detecting short wave radio signals and they would electronically blast a landing site before landing in the hope it would either activate or deactivate terrorist landmines, etc. Once when at the Belfast International airport (which is shared by the RAF) I was leaving a mate of in his car - we stopped got out opened the boot - he took his luggage and when I went to get into the car it locked itself. Whilst scratching my head a security man arrived and explained it was not uncommon and was advised never to close the driver's door when leaving people off. Had a long wait until his wife arrived with a spare key and after that I was told of it happening to numerous people - subsequently the terrorists twigged on what they were doing and changed to light/laser activated remote control devices. Yeh fact is stranger than fiction
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome