Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this a fuse?

Thread: Is this a fuse?
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The red wire going in to the motor takes its feed from the resistor pack - according to the Hyans manual there are 4 cables going to the resistor pack
1. Brown/Grey(in)
2. Brown/Red(in)
3. Brown/blue(in)
4. Red (out to motor)
Check if power is getting to the resistor pack - if not it sounds like a faulty switch.
I have air-con/climate control which means the resistor is part of the motor housing and not seperate as in non air con models so the wiring above does not exist!

Looking at the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual it shows the resistor unit with three resistors and two relays.

Now, as the resistors in my model are located in the actual motor casing I am assuming that the relays are somewhere other than in the casing as they would not fit. What I would really like to know is where are they?? They are, I believe, the weak link in my problem and about the only thing which I have, as yet, been unable to check not least because I do not know where they are!

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far and indeed to anyone that can advise me on the location of these damned relays, if indeed they do exsist!!

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 15th May 2007 at 05:46 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome