Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #671 of (permalink) Old 15th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I hope this isn't duplicating what has been said too much but:

I was interested to read the article in the July edition of 'What Car?' about the bonnet catch issue - in particular how Vosa described the problem as 'an unexpected defect with catastrophic results' but not a safety defect.

These comments seem so full of paradox that they surely must have been designed to push back the boundaries of Western philosophy.

In the article, Vosa say: 'Defects which are detectable by routine maintenance or servicing . . . aren't considered to be safety defects.'

Even if this is the case by their own code of practice, surely it raises the question of why Renault didn't or couldn't detect these (non-safety!) defects. If I remeber correctly, the driving instructor in Sheffield didn't even have the luxury of having had to attend her first service.

I hope these aren't irrelevant ramblings, when some people on the forum are having to deal with the issue in a concrete way.
Currently in Philip's garage:
2002 Renault Clio Expression+ 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome