Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New one on me!!!!!!!!!!!

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well the 1st throttle body went about 14 months ago, then 3 weeks later had a full wiring loom change, then 6 weeks later throttle body yet again and then had a good run of 6 months and lo and behold, throttle body again.

All this work was carried out at a franchise dealer, but decided to go to Renault main dealer (as you would think they would have all the knowledge!!!!!!!) and they are the ones who wont touch it, now they are saying that it has nothing to do with modifications!!!!! but they say with the amount of money i have spent thus far, it would be uneconomical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any how just recieved a call saying that Renaults French experts wants the car in West london, as he wants to look at it, they have just basically admitted that it has nothing to do with stereo etc, so fingers crossed.

In mean time, nice sharp email to renault UK has just been sent, lets see what they say.

All these problems would not be so bad if Renault let someone else make their ECU 's and throttle bodies, but they dont, so they have me by the Dangly bits good and proper!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently in 132grahamh's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.8 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome