Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS and OBD

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've had another ABS problem. As before, the computer reports abs and esp failures "consult your Renault dealer". A wiring check didn't show anything this time, so I called my local stealership to ask if they would run the diagnostic for me.

A rather sniffy lady told me that I would have to leave them the car for a day (why?) and the cost would be at least 75 plus vat (which I assume is 1 hour labour).

A hunt through my yellow pages and I found a local independant who sat next to me with his computer, talked me through the tests he was doing, printed out then cleared the fault log, diagnosed a duff wheel sensor and was generally knowledgeable and friendly; all this for 25!
If anyone in North Wales wants his number, email me.

So, back to Renault for a new sensor. 38 not too bad...until the chap on the parts desk said "you do realise that a new sensor won't work unless you come back to us to have it programmed ".

Well, I fitted the sensor and it worked straight away -- Hooray!! -- just leaves me wondering whether Renault were ignorant ... OR LYING!

As an aside, the Haynes book says you have to remove the brake disk to access the abs sensor - a pain in the bum job. Not True! The abs sensor is held in with a simple spring clip. Changing it took only 15 minutes (including jacking up, removing wheel etc)

Currently in hidnmine's garage:
2007 Clio DCi Initiale, 2009 Audi A6, and a 2009 Triumph Sprint ST
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome