Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Airbag Light. Where is the module?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio II - Electronics - Airbag Light. Where is the module?

Hi Guys this is my first posting so be gentle, here goes. I just bought a pig in a poke off Ebay . My mistake but I don't let things like this get me down. The Clio is a 1.2 RN Grande 1999. The airbag and service light is on. I thought it would be an easy fix using the under the seat connection method. It turns out it's been in a smack and the airbag was deployed. You can tell this by the burn marks on the wiring harness inside the wheel. It's been put back together by a cowboy and I want to get it right. The airbag fitted is a new one and the connection from that through the steering column the the wiring harness all metres out fine as do the connection to the one seat belt pretentioner under the drivers seat. From what I can see the passangers seat does nor carry a pretensioner at all. Firstly can anyone tell where the module is for the bag and pretensioner and secondly is there any way of checking visually if the seat belt pretensioner is OK. It's OK to bang another airbag in the vehicle but I'm sure I read the the module needs to be reset or replaced after an airbag deployment and I'm convinced this is where the fault lays. Any advise would be very welcome. Regards Terrylee
  5 Lastest Threads by terrylee
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 2 Reset Service interval staying at zero. Electronics philbrian 4 1686 11th September 2013 10:58 AM
Megane 2 UPC Fuse box UCH Faults Electronics martin15s 4 10768 26th May 2013 08:28 AM
Clio 1.2 Cannister Bleed Circuit fault. Engines terrylee 2 2110 22nd February 2010 03:56 PM
Laguna 2 drivers door lock won't unlock Electronics jayessex 12 9690 27th October 2007 04:47 PM
Laguna II Diesel Won't Start Engines terrylee 7 3134 3rd July 2007 10:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome