Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Engines - Poor idle when cold

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2007 Thread Starter
Amr Emarah
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio II - Engines - Poor idle when cold

Good day to all of you

I'm new to the forum and I just bought my new 2003 Clio 1.2L 16V sedan...what a great car
I have a small problem about idling when the car is cold, it starts fine no problem at 1200 - 1300 rpm and slightly goes down to 1000 then 700 until it reaches 500 as this is the normal idle level when the engine is warm.....problem is when moving to 1000 the engine begines to vibrate making all the car hesitate in a strange way and I have to press on the pedal until the engine reaches its operating temp (appox.80-85 C ) which also noticed that it takes about 6min to reach this temp! this normal ? and if I try to move before this temp it sometimes stops.
Once the temp is 85 it idles very smooth at 500 without any problem and acceleration is brilliant .
From reading the threads could this also be a Top Dead Sensor problem, Throttle body or Map Sensor ? or what???

Thanks for the help

Currently in Amr Emarah's garage:
2003 Renault Clio 1.2L
  5 Lastest Threads by Amr Emarah
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio II - Engines - Poor idle when cold Clio Adam1994 10 24727 17th May 2007 09:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome