Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Couple of niggles... looking for advice

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Hazard light switches seem to be a common problem. I had the one on the previous Laguna go. Mine worked properly as long as you were prepared to thump it rather than just press it. If yours is the same, then just do what I did and give it a good clout when you want to switch them on and off.

I got mine fixed in the end, but only because the car was going in for a service anyway and it was still under warranty.

There may be some mileage in trying to dismantle and repair the switch, but if you take that approach, there's a good chance that you'll end up with it in bits and buying a new one anyway. I'm not sure about the Renaults, but on some cars, the normal indicators won't work if the hazard switch is broken or missing. Don't go dismantling the switch unless you have a spare to hand or another car to drive up to your local Renault dealer in.

The plug into the back of the bulb holder should unclip, and just unplugging it and reconnecting it a couple of times might be enough to clear the fault. Failing that, see if you can get hold of an aerosol of electrical contact cleaner or, as a last resort, just give the contacts a good scrape with a small screwdriver.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome