Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Idle problems and possible fix - Motorised Throttle Valve

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cleaning throttle body

Originally Posted by MIKE4369 View Post
Once again asking for any gen on how to clean/service a motorised throttle body and/or pedal unit anyone know how?
I have just been out and cleaned the throttle body on my Laguna. It located a the back/top of the engine between the inlet manifold and the air box.
It needs to be removed for cleaning, which is fairly easy.
First remove the air trunking at right hand end behind the engine. this will allow you to remove the air filter. Now remove the air filter box - 2 black screws. The next part tot remove is the plenum box, looking down on top there are 2 star bolts (if you haven't got star sockets an 8mm socket will do as they are not very tight). Remove the bolts and push the box backwards and at an angle to release. Let it drop down out of the way.(its very difficult to remove from behind the engine unless you remove the inlet manifold best just leave it where it behnid the engine). Disconnect the wiring from the throttle body . Remove 10mm bolt at the front of the body (to inlet manifold). There are 2 more 10mm bolts at the rear. The body can now be pushed back to release.
I cleaned mine using carb cleaner. It wasn't too dirty but the butterfly plate is a very close fit - it wouldn't take much to get it sticking.
I will be puttin git all back together tomorrow - I'll try to take some pictures.

Currently in Ian_gary_price's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II Authentic 1.6 16v

Last edited by Ian_gary_price; 17th May 2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typing rror
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome