I bought my Lag II tourer brand new from TRADESALES on a 52 plate, it has now done 65k. Are they reliable ?? - well mine has yet to fail to start or suddenly stop whilst driving it. Trouble free well that's another issue:
Engine Electronic Fault Light
- If I has a pound for every time this has come on I'd be considerably richer - advised to change the
valve at 54k service - has not made a great deal of difference really, however giving it a good thrashing (+4k revs) occasionally and not driving at less than 2k revs does appear to make a difference. I'm still on original
& intercooler, unlike a lot of other Lag II dci drivers !
- I have had the original Conti's (x2), Hankook K104 and now Kumho KU31 on the front and have consistently got about 20-22k out of them
- plagued with uneven wear on NSR and am only getting 32k - main Ren UK dealer was totally useless with this prob. and I gave up (at expiry of 2 year EURO warranty) - a good independent Renault mechanic will save an absolute fortune.
Rear Axle Bushes
- on their way out (by my reckoning) but not yet critical.
Heater Fan Resistor Bank
- expired in Dec 06 (spares prices are outrageous) and eventually replaced this (+motor) with parts from breaker.
- look nice but crap quality - NSF is buckled but can still be balanced.
- have averaged 42-44 mpg over 65k on mainly motorway (75-85 mph) and fast A roads.
intend to drive it into the ground, as long as economically viable. Would I buy another - probably not.