Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.2 - Engines - Gear linkage fell out

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 1.2 - Engines - Gear linkage fell out

Hi there - have looked through previous posts as a newbie should but can't find an answer so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Went to pull out of the petrol station near home this evening and gear stick was suddenly not connected to the gearbox!!... luckily it was in gear so manged to limp home. After jacking the car up I've discovered the ball right on the end of the gear linkage arm has fallen out of it's locating socket at the engine end. I've greased it and pushed it back in for now and have driven it up the road and back. Having fallen out once though it's bound to happen again. The "socket" seems to be made of nylon and there appears to be a circlip under the socket that perhaps holds the socket in. Am I right in thinking I can change this. Any advice would be gratefully received from anyone who has experienced the same problem.

PS Great forum! I'm a newbie but have already fixed the airbag light problem too this evening after reading up on here where to look for the problem.. and... the car has the intermittent speedo fault too so that's next... Can't grumble though the car has been as good as gold since I bought it over a year ago as a second car...
Currently in blue34's garage:
1998 1.2 Clio II and a Nissan R34GTR
  5 Lastest Threads by blue34
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 1.2 - Engines - Gear linkage fell out Clio weetutch 5 10939 20th May 2007 09:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome