Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Idle problems and possible fix - Motorised Throttle Valve

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Cleaned Throttle - idles now but still rough.

I put the throttle body back on my Laguna yesterday. It will now tick over most of the time (it would hardly tick over at all before).
It is still running rough at low revs.
I also noticed when the ignition is turned on but engine not running, there is a high pitched noise coming form the control box end of the throttle, has anybody else noticed this? Is it a sign of fauly throttle body ?
I also tried the disconnect the battery for a few hours, to let everything reset. This turned off the stop and service lights but no improvement to the rough running.
I have found a few websites selling new and or recon throttle bodies. I e-mailed them for advice/prices, hopefully get replies on Monday when they are back at work.
Another odd thing happened when I recconected the battery. Previously the tyre monitor was flashing both rear tyres. After recconect, all were OK, stayed OK when engine was started. Turned ignition on again 1/2 hour later and the front 2 are flashing.
Currently in Ian_gary_price's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II Authentic 1.6 16v

Last edited by Ian_gary_price; 20th May 2007 at 10:02 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome