Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - which polish?

Thread: which polish?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
I have used MER, Autoglym and Mequiars

I have run out of wax/polish so any ones comments would be of interest, bearing in mind that my car has a light tone paintwork .

MER is a good all round polish, Quick and easy to use and polish off, good on glass work and a couple of cap fulls in a bucket a makes a good wash if the car is not heavily soiled then a rub over with a soft cloth brings it up a treat, tho I think its possibly a bit coarse for continuous use on Renault Met paints, Economical to as a little goes a long way.

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection is a product I like it is simple to use and if applied sparingly and left to go off it buffs off easily and seals in a good shine I use this one on all paint types and shades, Again economical if used sparingly I use the Autoglym trim gel which seems to work very well and lasts quite well once applied, I use a damp piece of sponge to apply easier to keep it off the paintwork and surrounding areas

Mequiars Gold Glass liquid wax I have used with varying success I found it works very well on the darker colours but not so good on the softer ones, I also found this not so easy to apply as the MER but buffs off really easily, I have not used any other of the Mequiars range of products some seem to be very popular.

Any suggestions what I should try next or will I just continue to use the products I know and trust.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome