Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ordering Renault Parts

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
My personal view is somewhat different regarding return of goods. If you go into Tesco you select from a display of items which the supermarket thinks it will sell not exactly what you require and lets be honest their policy of taking things back has to be paid for somehow - yeh you've guessed it's their loyal customers - in other words it's built into the price of their goods. I just wonder what policy the supermarket would be if the ordered something in especially for you. I can understand the reluctance of dealers when dealing with electronic goods - lets take this scenario - imagine you bought a ECU and when you got it home you found it wasn't the fault and you wanted to return it - how on earth could the guy on the counter know if its not furbard and would you as a customer buy one that someone had tried out in a car. I very much doubt it and in all honesty it like you going in to a supermarket and being sold second hand underwear. A set of brake discs can be easily inspected for signs or use or damage so it is unreasonable to put them in the same category as the brake light. I have learnt from experience that if you are going to take a chance expect to get your fingers burnt at least some of the time. The deal with the supplier was that they quite rightly assumed you where buying their products for use on a vehicle and not as a back-up until you could get something cheaper or better value for money
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome