Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ordering Renault Parts

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I tried several scrapyards and breakers in my local area 60 mile radius even and no one had one in stock, it was a Saturday morning and the car was booked in for retest on the Wednesday, so my wife panicking that she wouldnt get it fixed in time ordered it, which to be fair i would have done the samething. Later that afternoon when i got home from work i found one on ebay and when the auction finished on Monday dinner time i emailed the guy asking if he could send ASAP which he did i received it the following morning. If i had waited till Monday morning Renault could not guarentee that it would arrive in time for retest. These are the same people who did a health check on the car (was getting window reg fixed at the time suprise suprise under warranty) and told me i needed new discs and pads all round on my Scenic at a cost of £1million +vat (slight exaggeration but you get my drift) i bought the both front and back discs and pads from them (30% discount) and went elsewhere to get them fitted the backs were shot to be fair but the fronts had at least 50% left in them, just a slight lip on the edge of the disc which they cleaned up and now look like new, cost of fitting the rears = £35 cost to clean up the front £0, i dont mind paying for genuine parts but been told i need to spend over £500 when i only spent £145 in the end, i dont feel bad trying to take something back i no longer need. I am loyal when it comes to smaller business as they dont have as much mark up and will go out of their way for customer service but with a dealer the spotty oik behind the counter dont give a monkeys nuts.

Sorry if i sound a bit harsh but as many of you have read elsewhere on the forum RCS aint what it should be.

Currently in DaveHemmerman's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.9DCI Dynamique with a JNR Tuning box & The Wife Has A 1999 Clio 1.6 8v RXE

Last edited by DaveHemmerman; 22nd May 2007 at 07:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome