Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 'Free Safety Checks'

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
There is more than meets the eye.

I have had the same problem with my nearest renault dealer which is 38 miles from where I live.

Had my cambelt done, I was told they gave the car a free 21 point safety check and told me it needed 4 new discs and brake pads all round, also both rear bushes replacing, I told them I would do it myself.

When I inspected the pads they were not even half worn, the discs were well within the manufactures tolerance and as all cars have they were only lightly scored.

The rear bushes did have a little wear but were perfectly safe and did not need replacing.

I took my car in about 2 months later and was told one disc needed replacing, nothing else, when I pointed out their try at conning me on my last visit I was simply told by reception, "we don't know anything about that"

The so called safety check did not pick up that I needed new wiper blades (which I did) It also did not pick up that one of the brake lines was rubbing on the anti roll bar which actually started leaking a few days later and had to be replaced.

It is obviously just a scam to part you from your money, beware !

A problem well stated is a problem half solved !
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome