Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 'Free Safety Checks'

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Back in November 2006 my passenger window decided it would just slide down gradually and everytime i used the car i had to open door and push the window back into the frame, a call to Renault and the car was booked in for 2 weeks time (they had no courtesy car till then so i was told). They fixed the window think it was the regulator, whilst it was in they did a free health check on the car, they told me i needed new discs and pads all round on my Scenic at a cost of £700 or so (cant remember exact figures), I bought all 4 discs from them (20% discount) and got the pads from ebay £40 for both front and back - genuine parts too) and went elsewhere to get them fitted the backs were shot to be fair but the fronts had at least 50% left in them, just a slight lip on the edge of the disc which they cleaned up and now look like new, cost of fitting the rears = £35 cost to clean up the front £0, i dont mind paying for genuine parts but been told i need to spend over £500 when i only spent £145 sounds as thought they wanted paying back for fixing the regulator under warranty. i took the front discs back and got a refund and have kept the front pads for future use!

When i got the car back i also thought it was doing less mpg (average 42mpg) on a tank and i do they same run each week 46.6 at the minute, i was told this was due to weather and that it needed servicing, and would i like to book it in as they had a deal on £165 instead of £175 wow i said dont think i will bother. Ended up going elsewhere £160 for service which included the MOT and a top quality oil too!

Currently in DaveHemmerman's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.9DCI Dynamique with a JNR Tuning box & The Wife Has A 1999 Clio 1.6 8v RXE

Last edited by DaveHemmerman; 23rd May 2007 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Cant spell correctly
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome