Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Clio - Electronics - Audio Remote Control

11K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  alexnoose 
#1 ·
Folks, I recently got a cheapish cd player from Halfrauds which I installed myself (Sony CDX-GT210 CD Player). Is there a way that I can connect the Audio Remote Control beside the steering wheel, so it can control the cd player?

Adam

#12 ·
I managed to pick up the connector leads from ebay for a fiver to go into my Kenwood head unit.

Then I discovered that because I have an ipod interface plugged in I can use it :steam:

The ipod connector uses the same points as the headup display, so if anyone out there is thinking of doing it this way be warned that you cant connect whilst you have an ipod in the back of the head unit :steam:

Ahh well, it was a nice thought!

#13 ·
i have a renault clio 2008 and was advised on a set of leads by halfords to control my stalk but after connecting it all up and switching it on the stereo keeps attenuating(muting) there is a cable at the back of the stereo marked 'att' which is currently not connected to anything, does anybody know where it is to be connected? any help would be appreciated.

#15 ·
cba

Hi,

Yeh one cable costs 30 and the other 5 then they split and go to the screen and stalk.

I bought a Sony bt5100 head unit and love it (its the one with the joystick) Then I bought the leads to connect it up to the mini screen on the dash and the control stalk, then realised i had to take the dash off to reach it all thought it might only be sections you know. Anyone who has successfully done this got an average time on ho long it took them?? I really want to do it though.

Cheers

Alexnoose

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.