Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Nokia CK-7W Installation in 2001 Espace

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I used to own an Audi A6 and it had a Nokia kit fitted suitable for the old 6110i. I bought the CK-7W and swapped the control box over (under front passenger footwell attached to underside of facia). I had to buy a 6 pin to 4 pin adapter for the power lead. It only took 5 minutes as all I had to do was swap the black box over and re connect cables for mic,power,speaker,antenna (it wasn't wired into the stereo).
So now I have a Grand Espace and am trying to figure out the best place to put the phone holder with active antenna coupler for my N73. As the car doesn't have a full centre console it isn't as easy trying to decide where. I could stick it on top of the dash but then it would be very much on show to the world.
Also as I looked to buy a Haynes manual and found on the web that it looks like they only did one for the 1996 model I have no idea where power cables are and so on. Must find the fusebox too! I'm sure I'll sort out where to fix it all and also how to wire it in before long but not looking as straightforward as other cars....
I agree that the CK-7W is a cool bit of kit. Works with bluetooth or cradle option.
Currently in Chris999's garage:
2001 Renault Grand Espace III 2.0 16V Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome