Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Update On My Espace Knock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Update On My Espace Knock

Hi well i have to say iam feeling much better than i did yesterday and my wallet is much lighter as well

As you all know i had to change the wheel bearing, i have got the old wheel bearing out of the ABS hub and off the stub,the new one will be pressed into the ABS hub and the stub on Friday,i have got the old ball joint out off the wishbone and the wishbone off the car ready to press the new ball back in,iam very lucky as it has not been done before because if it had i would have to buy a completed wish bone at the cost of 85+VAT from my local motor factors.

On doing all this work i have to say its been a nightmare for me it has all went against me from the start i had to cut the ball joint off and replace it and also the track rod end arm was also replaced because i thought at the start of the job it was it????so i have just went ahead and also replaced the drop down link stabilizer and the anti roll bar bushings as well the only two bushing i left was the two on the the wishbone arm that site in the sub frame but they are in very good order,so to date it has cost me.

Wheel bearing 52.88

Track rod end arm 28.48

Ball joint 15.51

Drop link stabilizer 10.41

Anti roll bar bushings 13.76

ball joint,wheel bearing pressed in 20

My Time priceless

I will give you a update later in the week when the car is rolling again all the best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
  5 Lastest Threads by Donald
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Have You Stopped Smoking General Chat johnboyw 55 4379 21st September 2013 09:21 AM
AVS Music Converter to MP3 Free Download Help Computer Club Donald 2 1983 10th March 2012 03:02 PM
Posting Problem Feedback & Announcements hondo 21 4421 31st December 2011 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome