Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to: Scenic I - Central locking fuel cap motor

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How to: Scenic I - Central locking fuel cap motor

Hi, id like to thank scen1c for the great post and pics, i had to change mine and this helped.
After following your guide and removing the motor i took mine apart thinking cleaning and regreasing it up would solve it but the pin had snapped, any way went and got a replacement from scrap yard, the guy didnt know how to remove it or where to begin so i had to help, how ever this time i just opened up the little storage box to the right of the interior light and removed the pull off pannel where you can change rear bulbs, and there is a bit of black/grey foam (its not in your pic however). Anyway where you can see the seat belt holder in your clip there is a hole near the rear lights you can get you hand in there to remove and replace the motor after undoing the nut that holds it in place at the fuel cap. It is a bit tight but it saves you having to rip off all the trim, if you are struggling you could also just unscrew the rear light all thats holding the light fitting is 2 nuts, that way your notbbending your hand around to get to the motor, you can just got straight in from where the rear light was. Will post pics later.
Currently in normanji's garage:
2002 scenic 1.9 dCi
The Following User Says Thank You to normanji For This Useful Post:
HeatherJ (17th September 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome