Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer service ( not really the correct word) and part prices

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just a quick update.

Brake hoses changed and bled all in under 60 mins.

My advice to anyone who feels competent enough to do this is do yourself a favour and buy a proper brake union spanner, it will save you a lot of grief. Also to stop the brake fluid leaking out whilst open system, before you start turn engine off, pump brake pedal a few times and then jam brake pedal down only a few inches with block of wood, I use an adjustable hiking stick. This will close brake fluid reservoir system and hardly any oil will drain out of pipe whilst disconnected. Also you should do yourself a favour whilst bleeding the system and bleed all the system to change the oil at all four corners, I believe that this is one of the most under estimated maintenance features that should be carried out fairly regularly but never is, even by main garages. Whenever I buy a second hand car i always change the brake fluid.

This work is not too difficult but please only attempt it if you are competent and sure you know what you are doing, remember that along with tyres your life ( and others )will depend on the standand of the job.

Safe motoring out there.
Currently in bonnieclio's garage:
Italian registered 1997 clio 1.2 ice
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome