Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio I - Electronics - Immobiliser sequence of events

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio I - Electronics - Immobiliser sequence of events

1997 1149cc D7F engine clio ice

Could someone please explain the correct sequence of events for starting this car.

My car has no alarm, only immobiliser.

The key plip opens the central locking all the time every time, key into ignition switch, little orange light comes on, engine always turns over ( very healthly) but sometimes will and sometimes won't start.

My manual here in Italy is in Italian so I have no idea what should or should not be happening.

As a side issue, I,m a big fan of Haynes manuals and everyone should have one, i,ve saved a fortune over the years, BUT after contacting a friend in UK with ahaynes manual for this car he says that on the alarm and immobiliser front there is a short sentence that says " go see your dealer". I've always been a fan and driven older cars, I feal sorry for people with modern cars, I,m guessing that you open the manual and on every subject it says " go see your dealer", are you allowed to put air in the tyres without invalidating the warranty these days !

Can you imagine what it will be like in 15 years time when these modern cars are left to home mechanics, no more saturday afternoons happy in your own garage space away from the wife.
Currently in bonnieclio's garage:
Italian registered 1997 clio 1.2 ice
  5 Lastest Threads by bonnieclio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio I - Electronics - Immobiliser... Clio Skylined 4 3689 25th May 2007 01:45 PM
Dealer service ( not really the correct word) and... Cars & motoring bonnieclio 8 1731 8th May 2007 07:19 PM
Renault Clio I 1.2 D7F - Engines - Cam belt... Clio chris m 1 6938 21st April 2007 07:38 AM
New old clio in Italy Engines chris m 5 1582 18th April 2007 12:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome