Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio I - Heating and Cooling - Oil in water

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio I - Heating and Cooling - Oil in water

I bought the above as the owner didn't want to spend more money on it. It had overheated, the local garage replaced the water pump, but then pronounced it probably needed a head gasket as it still overheated.
I left it ticking over for at least half an hour before it started to get hot, then realised the radiator fan wasn't working - now fixed. The head has been removed as it was presumed it would need skimming to cure the " oil in water" problem. I took it to the local engineering shop to be skimmed, but when they checked it with a straight edge, said it was only about 4 thou out of true, and as such, unlikely to be the cause of the problem. Neither was there any sign of oil leaking across the gasket. There is no oil cooler under the oil filter on this model (F8Q 630 engine, with wire to no.2 injector). Any ideas what could be causing the problem, as so far I can't find a suitable engine to replace it? Thanks!
  5 Lastest Threads by bgsats
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio I - Heating and Cooling - Oil in... Clio bgsats 4 4529 25th May 2007 02:44 PM
Hi! Welcome to RenaultForums bgsats 4 796 25th May 2007 01:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome