Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Very, very frightening experience

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2005
Very, very frightening experience

I've just taken the car out for it's first spin since well before Christmas. I had a quick blast down the motorway and turned around at Bredbury to go back up the M60 towards Ashton. If any of you know the area that I'm talking about, you'll also know that this is one of the few stretches of motorway where you join the motorway from the right in lane 3

Usually it's fine. There is the expected jockeying for position as you run parallel with lanes 1 and 2, but nothing to write home about. Tonight it was dark, chucking it down but fortunately not as busy as normal as the old codger in the Mondeo in front of me proceeded to join the motorway at a staggering 32mph. He then proceeded to negotiate a manoevour into a fairly busy lane 2 - again at 32mph!

I've been in OG's Porsche as it fishtailed down a dual carriageway. I've had the car sideways after been forced off the motorway on to the hard shoulder. I've nearly lost it in a Citroen AX aquaplaning down an A1 sliproad. However, I can honestly say that this was possibly the scariest experience for a very, very long time!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome