Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Various Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane - Various Problems

Hello everyone. I popped up a while ago wanted to make my Clio road legal in Germany. Well I bought all the bits, and made an appointment with myself, a cup of coffee and a box of spanners to swap them all over. The week leading up to this weekend though, the car was parked outside work and was driven into my a 40tonne lorry. It wrote it off, as you can imagine.

As a replacement I have bought a 2003 Megane, 1.6 petrol 3 door Authentique. My father has the same car (slightly newer) in the lesser spotted saloon version.

Anyway, there are two problems. Both rate as annoying but not anything that prevents me driving or enjoying the car.

The first one is the drivers electric window. Sometimes this works fine, but sometimes the one touch simply doesn't work. The window will go down completely, but in 4 or 5 steps, where you have to press the button 4 or 5 times. It is reliable, but annoying. Any tips? I guess I need to pop the interior trim off, and have a look!

The second is the external temp guage. It lies. Sometimes it is fine, and will give a realistic temp. Others it will make it up (telling me it is -34 degrees, when outside it is about 29 degrees C). The sensor, on the underside of the mirror is loose, and you can wiggle it around a bit. I am hoping it is just a poor connection here (there is scratching on the mirror casing from the previous owner). This also isn't a fault that ruins the driving pleasure, but what it does do (or seems to) is upset the climate control when it is on automatic, as it will start pumping out the wrong temperature air!

Oh, one third thing. There is a click on the steering when you are moving towards maximum lock. Hmm....

Any help greatly received. Rich
Currently in richardtoddywoddy's garage:
2003 Renault Megane Authentic 1.6 3 door, LHD

Last edited by richardtoddywoddy; 28th May 2007 at 09:27 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by richardtoddywoddy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane II: Is it the battery? Engines richardtoddywoddy 2 961 10th December 2007 07:45 AM
Drivers Window & Door card Electronics scatz 3 8847 24th August 2007 04:12 PM
Megane leaking air con Cars & motoring ottoman 3 1309 16th July 2007 09:13 AM
Renault Megane - Various Problems Cars & motoring llama_boi626 3 1567 27th May 2007 09:48 AM
Clio bonnet catch plastic retrainer Clio ottoman 2 1642 2nd March 2007 04:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome