Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Driving Abroad - Tips.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Driving Abroad - Tips.

For any regular travellers across to Europe, (without fancy lights aka the Espace that just enables you to switch beam from rhd to lhd with a switch) the dreaded beam convertors can be a pain.

I have bought some headlight protectors (30 approx) and some beam deflectors - stuck these onto the protectors. Now whenever I go abroad I just attatch the headlight protectors just before getting off the ferry, and remove them again just before getting off the ferry in th UK. A simple 30 second job. It saves all the hassle of trying to work out exactly where to fit the deflectors, cleaning the squashed flies off the lights to fit them,driving in the Uk with them fitted and then trying to remove the sticky gunk off afterwards.It often amuses me to see people standing out frantically reading instructions It often amuses me to see people frantically reading fitting instructions just as the are about to board the ferry.
It only needs about 4 trips abroad before you break even (assuming 6 a go for the beam deflectors from Halfrauds) and saves the hassle
Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.

Last edited by SportTourer; 1st August 2005 at 02:49 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by SportTourer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Km Sponsored Run at Newquay Airport Sport SportTourer 0 4528 19th January 2012 09:33 PM
Bad Few Days General Chat 10 2475 8th November 2010 07:29 PM
Laguna III - Quirks or Faults! My mottah! forrest38 63 28805 6th November 2010 04:27 PM
Laguna III- 6mths review My mottah! SportTourer 0 1956 5th September 2010 07:55 PM
Any Athletics Fans on here? General Chat SportTourer 0 1188 28th July 2010 08:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome