Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2.2 RXE D 'stop lamp'

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2.2 RXE D 'stop lamp'

Hi, recently purchased a 95 Laguna with the following fault: Will not start, stop lamp in display on, usual display lights show when switching on ignition(except the preheat light just flashes for an instant), starter turns fine but no ignition! I have tried the following: disconnected the battery overnight, then reconnected, no change. Activated the central locking in the correct way and tried to start within 10 seconds of entering the car, no change. The feeds to the preheat and fuel cut off are lacking i.e. no voltage present. Is there an electronic immobiliser, and if so where is it? is it possible to circumvent this ? Haynes manual is useless, wrong wiring colour codes and mickey mouse diagrams. I am an electronics technician, so is there anywhere I can obtain a good electrical schematic diagram? Thankyou for reading this. Sam
Currently in sammy7's garage:
1995 Laguna diesel

Last edited by sammy7; 27th May 2007 at 11:32 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by sammy7
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2.2 RXE D 'stop lamp' Cars & motoring sammy7 3 935 27th May 2007 11:29 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome