Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Donalds Espace is still off the road

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Donalds Espace is still off the road

Hi well i got the hub back yesterday morning with the new bearing pressed in great so i thought!!!when i returned home i noticed that there was only one surclip on it when there should of been two and the one they forgot to put on was the one on the out side edge of the hub between it and the stub So i had to take it back for them to press the stub back out to put the surclip on BUT!!!wait for it when they were pressing it out the bearing split and the ball bearings went everywhere they cleaned and tryed to put it back together but the bearing is know as bad as ever so he is going to put it through as a warranty job for me and i just have to take the car up to him next week for this to be done BUT wait for it!!!!when i get the new bearing you also get a new nut for the end of the drive shaft so all is a tight fitting so it does not come lose i and only me have managed to cross thread it so i know need a new shaft at what cost i still do not know but my local motor factors do them so i will have to wait till Monday morning to find out and take the old one out to take to them for them to order the right one.As i said before thats know the ball joint,track rod arm,wheel bearing,drop link stabilizer,drive shaft,and iam still not convinced thats what the knock is all the best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
  5 Lastest Threads by Donald
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Have You Stopped Smoking General Chat johnboyw 55 4370 21st September 2013 09:21 AM
AVS Music Converter to MP3 Free Download Help Computer Club Donald 2 1979 10th March 2012 03:02 PM
Posting Problem Feedback & Announcements hondo 21 4420 31st December 2011 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome