Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II petrol filler door.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II petrol filler door.

This is my first post, and have just joined today.
Ive managed to mangle the hinges on the petrol filler door housing. Picked up a new housing for 23+vat with a view to fitting myself! Now that I've started to fit it, it doesn't seem to be an easy job. Purchased the Haynes manual, however that doesn't seem to cover this part of the car.
The question I have is... How do you get the housing out? It appears to be trapped by the filler pipework, and any movement to the rear is stopped by the fuel door locking pin..
I assumed, wrongly, that the housing was accessible from inside the car. Guess I should have checked before getting the part!
This is the first time I've tried to work on the car myself. I've had it since almost new (ex demo), in 2002. Ive put 90k+ on it over the last 5 years and spent a small fortune on servicing and faults... but just cant get round (or afford) to trade in at the moment. Could have bought another car with the dealer bills all added up...!
I'll try and put up a brief history of my car on a new thread, maybe will be of interest to prospective Lag II owners?
Currently in bobford100's garage:
Laguna II 2.0 IDE Privilege VF1BG0N
  5 Lastest Threads by bobford100
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II heated front window...?? Electronics bobford100 7 1893 3rd June 2007 01:05 PM
Renault Laguna II - Dashboard diagnostic Electronics rjafonso 21 27837 28th May 2007 01:59 PM
Laguna II petrol filler door. Bodywork bobford100 6 1510 27th May 2007 06:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome