Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace PRND321 display staying illuminated 24/7 ?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for reply. I don't think I have gas discharge/xenon bulbs. They look like normal ones to me. I know others who have them on "the race" model and they are fairly obvious. Mine look normal off-white colour when on as opposed to the blue look.
With this in mind having just looked in the owners manual fuses section I note there is a fuse specifically for "gas discharge bulbs" with the same symbol as the problematic warning light. So I've pulled out the 7.5amp fuse to see what difference it makes.
Guess what? The warning light has gone out and it also cured the problem of the PRND321 display remaining lit. I then started the engine and everything appears fine. Check control came back with Ok. Headlamps still work fine. Turned ignition off again and no warning light and no gear selector display light remaining lit. So maybe I've fixed it! Perhaps because the lights aren't gas discharge jobs the fuse shouldn't be there - maybe no self levelling system hence putting the fuse in triggered the fault warning light. All I need to do now is check the manual 3 position headlamp adjustment dial still makes the lamps move up and down - will do that later when some else can watch the front to see if they move. Will give an update later.

Fingers crossed!

Currently in Chris999's garage:
2001 Renault Grand Espace III 2.0 16V Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome