Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II front brake pad replacement

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Cheers Gents.

It's by no means a difficult task, but some folks just don't have any experience with this type of stuff. Any little bit that might go a little bit to helping someone manage this job is good news I thought.

But ...... if you really think it's beyond your ability then get a garage or someone else to do it for you

I'm halfway to doing the rear pad tutorial too as I changed them too, but I kinda had a wee internet connection prob .... all sorted now though I'll put it up sometime over the next few days

Damian, the car has just passed the 30,000 mls mark, but to be honest the fronts would've managed another 6000+ mls easily. The rears however, were absolutely at their limit as you'll see from the pics soon. I'd bought both sets and had the time off work so I thought I'd do both anyway.

John, yes it's way too tight under the diesel bonnet for anything to be an easy job Hopefully though, I've gained an "experienced friend" in the bloke that loaned me the tool that enable me to do the rear pads. Hopefully he'll help out with any major work i.e. timing belts, egr valve etc if they happen along. They are a totally different kettle of fish

Matt I used a 13mm socket & ratchet, a large flat blade screwdriver, a hydraulic jack for the front. A 15mm open end spanner, a 13mm socket & ratchet, a hydraulic jack and 1 special tool for the rears ...... and the usual wire brush and file to clear away all the cr@p that seems to get into the calipers.

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800

Last edited by Gonescenile; 28th May 2007 at 10:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome