Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Third party Warranty

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
ok so, if say something goes wrong and its going to cost say 800 parts and labour to repair it, I would pay maybe a 50 excess, they would pay 500 and the remainder would be paid by me.

If thats right that sounds ok

Am I right in assuming if say the gearbox went, and I could source one myself, say recon one that would save me a significant figure, am I allowd to do this, supply it to the repoairing garage and have them fit it,

Are these sort of things allowed, since thats what I would likely do, though not mechanical myself, I know loads of people who are, but I would not let them repair it, simply locate the parts.
I would say the repairs have to be done by a "proper" garage and you would need parts renault would approve of, up to Renault's usual high standard

So it is possible you could source your own gearbox but on an expensive job would prolly be worth giving them a call.
Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome