Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should I buy a cheap scenic II?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Should I buy a cheap scenic II?

Hi there, My wife has just had an accident which has written off our 8 year old Volvo v50. After the insurance has paid off the remaining finance we're left with about 1400. Rather than taking out fresh finance we're considering just seeing what we can buy for that. We're dog owners so need an estate type car with a separate compartment for Doogle our 8 year old bearded collie. Perusing the auto trader, there's not much around in the same price bracket which offers the same level of equipment for the money as a Scenic II - I love the panoramic roof, I like the style of the car and the fact that relatively low mileage examples can be picked up reasonably cheap.

I also hear horror stories of dodgy electrics ruining the experience - I'm fairly handy and don't mind fixing stuff if I have to, but I DON'T want to be shelling out hundreds of pounds for expensive electrical diagnostics.

Given that I can buy a (high mileage, boring but very reliable) Skoda Octavia estate for the same money - should I go with my heart and buy the Scenic? How bad exactly is the reputation. What percentage of cars display these faults? How easy are they to fix?
  5 Lastest Threads by oddjones
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Should I buy a cheap scenic II? Cars & motoring Nottnoc 25 2509 30th September 2014 09:10 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome