Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk2 ph2 immobiliser

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Chris thanks for the reply. I had actually went through that thread but my understanding is this is just for the central locking. My central locking does seem to work although when I hold the button down it will only perform one action i.e lock, not lock then unlock.

I've read some people saying with these keys there is no way to reset anything and others saying that you can and giving sketchy details i'm just not sure.

I'm reluctant to put my car into Renault as I know from researching topics on this that the first thing they will do is replace the key at around 150 and take it from there. On top of that I need to get it towed somehow.

I have spoken to an auto locksmith who has said he can try and read the information of the key though i'm not sure what he can do with this as, he said it would be around 70.This would be handy as he is mobile but he says if that fails his only other option would be to bypass the immolbiliser which i'm not to keen on as I don't see it as a permanent solution although he still thinks it's worth 145 of my hard earned.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome