Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Rear Brake Pad Replacement

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Ok ......

1 - The new pads came supplied with onlt 2 new bolts, not 4. Yes I did apply threadlock to the old bolts.

2 - All seals were inspected and found to be in good condition.

3 - These pisrons require to be wound clockwise as they're pushed back in. This "rewinds" the handbrake mechanism within the caliper. The Blue Point special tool used, has two lugs on the end piece that locate into the piston and turn it as the piston returns.

I am an ex-time served mechanic and worked in the trade for over 9 years. This was the first time I'd done a set of pads on the Scenic, and before I even attempted the job I had asked a Renault Tech of there was anything specific I had to look out for when doing this job. His only remark was that the piston had to be wound back into the caliper and not just pushed back. I didn't want to take the chance on wrecking the calipers, so I did as he suggested.
No doubt there are cars who's rear caliper pistons can be just pushed back, but this isn't one of them.
On a slightly different note, it was a pleasure to find someone willing to give a little bit of info to help me out AND lend me the tool to do the job

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome