Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #693 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
More importantly, was there any post-support advise - i.e. "you must keep doing this every week/month/year", or this is a one-time activity?

Very worrying if no detailed support guidance is provided.

I also raised the concern (directly to Renault) that any "safety" related part that has to be replaced in the life-cycle of the part, means that it is prone to failure. (Failure not being a good thing!!)

Therefore, it is the liability and responsibility of the manufacture to maintain and monitor the condition of the said parts.

What I am implying is that I am not against having things replaced, but more importantly, who is responsible in checking the condition and replacing.

We can attempt to maintain, but adding grease to an already degraded part doesn't really help matters, does it?

I still want Renault to help "support" those people who experience the issue...dunno what proportion of the ~ half a million vehicles owners are affected, but that would be several million pounds worth of settlement...

Oh and the irony is they haven't issued a global recall - just UK-based - hmmm.....

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome