Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

I'v heard so many problems with the turbo breaking down on the laguna's MK2 engine. It's kinda making me worry about my 2.2 DCI , Just one day I guess it will happen to me. I'v heard that it's down to the bearings Seizing up within the turbo diverting all the oil from the sump into the induction system, basically the engine eating it's self. I'v learned that once the turbo fails that the only way to stop the engine is to stall it before the engine runs on pure oil and destroys it. Not the best way to test your reaction against loud bangs and clouds of smoke but could save your engine's life. If this is a common fault which it is and has been for a while. Why haven't these cars been recalled to have a modified turbo fitted, if it is the turbo that is, but this is what is failing, Right. Are modified or stronger turbo 's being fitted to laguna's that have suffered the Big Bang, I guess not. There must be a solution for this???
Apart from buying a different car
Currently in Bigstu's garage:
Laguna II 2.2 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by Bigstu
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2.2 DCI Starting problem Engines doormandan 9 4290 18th November 2008 01:59 PM
Battery Fuse rating Electronics TDI 2 2793 11th April 2007 07:55 PM
Where's my f@k!n Diesel gone Engines Neil. 9 3066 14th March 2007 10:58 PM
Search for the Angel Fog Lamp's Bodywork spirochete 6 2321 20th November 2006 06:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome